Missions ministry update:
We are grateful for the support that has come in for our Cuba missions trip, through donations and support of the bake sale. Unfortunately, unless a few more people are willing to go, we don’t have a viable team. There are 35 kids hoping for us to bring them a summer kids club! If there are people who could go for 10 days in August, this would be such an encouragement to our sister churches there! Please let the church office know this week if you can go. Otherwise we will need to cancel this unique opportunity! If costs are an issue, don’t worry, we have generous people who will sponsor you!
It's not too late to register for our Cuba 2020 Missions Trip!
December update on our Cuba trip! Here are a few more details about our trip to Cuba. Won’t you join our team?!
We will be helping lead a children’s camp at Molino Verde Camp , just outside Havana. We will be enjoying 30-40 children between the ages of 5-12. We will bring music, crafts, games and Bible stories. We will work with a translator as the children do not speak English. (One of our team members speaks Spanish, so this will be a help.)
July 31 - travel to Cuba
Aug 1 - orientation, ministry visits
Aug 2 - worship and ministry with partner church
Aug 3 - camp maintenance and program preparation
Aug 4 - 7 - camp program
Aug 8 - cultural day
Aug 9 - worship with partner church, debrief
Aug 10 - travel home
This will be an amazing opportunity to see how God is working in churches in Cuba — and the children will be a delight!
Calling all Summer Kids Club volunteers: If you were ever involved in leading crafts, music or Bible stories we need you for our team going to Cuba in August 2020.
Here are answers to questions re the trip to Cuba:
Q: Someone thought there was a convention or assembly taking place when we are there helping with the kids program, is that true?
A: No. This is not the case. The Assembly takes place earlier in the year. The kids programs are ministries of FIBAC that take place in the summer.
Q: Do kids stay there for the ten days? Or is it a day camp?
A: First, the entire 10 days will not be the camp. The camp will be a portion of your time in country but there will be other ministry activities as well. Sometimes the camps are overnight and others are more day-camp style.
Q: Do we develop the kids program?
A: You will be responsible for developing parts of the program. I usually encourage teams to plan games, music, crafts, bible stories, etc, and then pull activities as needed.
Q: Do the kids speak English?
A: Some will have know a little English but the main language is Spanish. The camp activities will take place with translation.
Q: Are you (CBM rep) coming to meet our team?
A: We will meet with your team either in person or virtually after I will be go to Cuba early in the new year for 2020 planning.
We are sending a team to Cuba for 10 days in August 2020! We will participate and lead alongside The Fraternity of Baptist Churches in Cuba at their National Camp. Our national mission agency, Canadian Baptist Ministries (CBM), is organizing this project.
- Our primary focus will be to work with children and youth at the national camp.
- There might be opportunities for some small building projects, but that is secondary to the work with the children and depends on the availability of supplies.
- The third purpose is to bring encouragement to the churches in Cuba. Having us visit will encourage them. BONUS - those who go will definitely be encouraged to see how God is working there.
The total cost is $2500* this includes all flights, insurance, accommodations, meals, in-country travel and project costs. (This may change slightly if flight costs go up.)
*We plan to do some fundraising for those that find the costs a challenge.
- September 2019 -$225 per person (Non refundable deposit to hold your place on the team).
- April 15, 2020 $1137.50 per person
- June 15, 2020 $1137.50 per person
- September 2019 - Team confirmed. Deposits ($225.), applications and other forms sent to CBM.
- Fall 2019 - CBM Orientation #1 and the team will begin to meet monthly for study and prayer. They will be studying together the book: Helping without Hurting in Short Term MIssion. Books will be provided by CBM.
- January 2020 - fundraising will begin
- August 2020 - Cuba here we come! (Exact date to be finalized.)
If you want to be part of this team, please complete the forms linked below and also have a criminal record check done at your local RCMP office. Bring these items and a copy of your passport to the church office with your $225 deposit (cheque made payable to Canadian Baptist Ministries) by the end of August.
For more information contact Fay at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- dorm building
- residence and dining area
- camper facilities
- team accommodations