We are sending a team to Cuba for 10 days in August 2020! We will participate and lead alongside The Fraternity of Baptist Churches in Cuba at their National Camp. Our national mission agency, Canadian Baptist Ministries (CBM), is organizing this project.
- Our primary focus will be to work with children and youth at the national camp.
- There might be opportunities for some small building projects, but that is secondary to the work with the children and depends on the availability of supplies.
- The third purpose is to bring encouragement to the churches in Cuba. Having us visit will encourage them. BONUS - those who go will definitely be encouraged to see how God is working there.
The total cost is $2500* this includes all flights, insurance, accommodations, meals, in-country travel and project costs. (This may change slightly if flight costs go up.)
*We plan to do some fundraising for those that find the costs a challenge.
- September 2019 -$225 per person (Non refundable deposit to hold your place on the team).
- April 15, 2020 $1137.50 per person
- June 15, 2020 $1137.50 per person
- September 2019 - Team confirmed. Deposits ($225.), applications and other forms sent to CBM.
- Fall 2019 - CBM Orientation #1 and the team will begin to meet monthly for study and prayer. They will be studying together the book: Helping without Hurting in Short Term MIssion. Books will be provided by CBM.
- January 2020 - fundraising will begin
- August 2020 - Cuba here we come! (Exact date to be finalized.)
If you want to be part of this team, please complete the forms linked below and also have a criminal record check done at your local RCMP office. Bring these items and a copy of your passport to the church office with your $225 deposit (cheque made payable to Canadian Baptist Ministries) by the end of August.
For more information contact Fay at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- dorm building
- residence and dining area
- camper facilities
- team accommodations