Summer Intern 2019: Job Description (2 Positions)
To meet the needs of families, engage relationally, minister to, ensure openness, and be a valued part of the South Surrey/White Rock community.
Duration: May 13 – August 16, 2019
Wage: $15.50hr/14 weeks/35 Hours weekly
- To aid the existing family programs (The Rock, Youth Group..etc).
- Assist in the development and implementation of Summer Kids Club.
- Assist in Children’s Church with the Children’s Pastor.
- Organize, plan, and lead the Urban Adventure Camps and Summer Fun Camp programs.
- Recruit volunteers, advertise, update website, and general promotion.
- Participate in Staff Meetings
- To assist in the general needs that may arise.
- Create a safe space for children in alignment with policies and procedures already existing at WRBC.
- Create Post Summer Evaluation and Report for future years.
- Create an easily laid out plan for future years.
- Overall love and experience working with children and youth.
- Previous summer camp experience would be an asset.
- Between the ages of 15 and 30
- Able to work independently and creatively.
- Able to lead a team, direct volunteers and take direction when needed.
- Knowledgeable with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, etc)
- Able to be a positive team player
- Complete a criminal record check
If you are interested please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter.
Closing Date: February 28, 2019