NEWS /EVENTS/SUMMER CAMPS
Scripture Mem. Verses
(print flash cards double sided flipping on the long edge)
Would you like to hear God speak to you more? God speaks to us loudly and clearly through His Word. Scripture memory allows the Holy Spirit to bring God's Word to our minds when we need it most.
Here are more reasons why it is important to memorize Scripture:
1. Jesus memorized Scripture.
2. The Bible instructs us to memorize Scripture
3. Conformity to Christ ("We all...beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another." 2 Corinthians 3:18 and "The Lord revealed Himself to Samuel at Shiloh by the Word of the Lord." 1 Samuel 3:21)
4. Daily triumph over sin ("How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to Your Word....I have hidden Your Word in my heart that I might not sin against You." Psalm 119:9, 11; Scripture is our one offensive weapon in our daily battle - the Sword of the Spirit. Ephesians 6:17)
5. Daily triumph over Satan (Jesus used Scripture to defeat Satan - Matthew 4:1-11.)
6. Comfort and counsel for people you love (The very Word of God spoken spontaneously from your heart has unusual power.)
7. Communicating the Gospel with unbelievers (1. God's holiness; 2. Man's sin; 3. Christ's death for sinners; 4. the free gift of life by faith) Learn a verse or two relating to each of these and be ready to share them when God opens the opportunity.
8. Communion with God in the enjoyment of His Person and ways.
There are 50 verses to start memorizing (on the bookmarks on the sides or click here to download first side & click here to download second side). Take one verse and read it out loud 10-15 times over, then try to quote it, then try to quote it 10-15 times out loud. The next day, read it once or twice and quote it. Work on one verse a week, taking 2 weeks off in the summer.
Let's build our house on the ROCK; let's build a strong foundation. We look forward to how God will be glorified and work through us as we memorize His Word together! Lord, please help us all hide Your Word in our hearts. Amen